Monday, February 7, 2011

Natchitoches, LA

We made it to Louisiana! We're in Nachitoches, an incredibly beautiful town that we just drove around in looking for the Pizza Hut, like total effing Philistines. (We were really tired.) Tomorrow we will go actually look at Natchitoches, which is pronounced Nack-a-tesh, more or less. I just found out that Steel Magnolias, a movie I've loved since I was a kid, was filmed here. Bonus points! It warmed up a lot over the weekend, and most of the snow melted. We might get more later in the week. But we'll be in NOLA by then! Edit: here are some pictures I found on my camera. My friend Christine (a local) says it is pronounced "Nagadish".

2 comments:

  1. Louisiana at last !!! I am so happy for you ! Hope it doesn't snow in NOLA--all the heat in that apartment would come from two little electric heaters in the closet! I think Anne Rice mentions Natchitoches in her Mayfair Witches books.

    I miss you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--hope you post some pictures of this town.

    ReplyDelete