Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crappy to the Nth degree

Our car got broken into on Saturday night, and almost everything in the back seat was stolen. Our computers, my violin and camera, and our suitcases were safe in the house, but they took our extra clothes, my sewing machine, Eran's power drill and his medications, all our roadside-emergency stuff, and my customized dolls I use for my Etsy site. The cops said the dolls are probably the only thing we might get back (because they're one of a kind, as opposed to my sewing machine). I've having a hard time uploading pics on this connection, but I will soon. Here's what got stolen (as best we can remember) 6 Asian ball-jointed dolls. Four of them are around 22" high, and two are small, 10" high. And there's one doll head wrapped in bubblewrap. Very special and valuable! Pictures forthcoming. But if you're in L.A. at a flea market, and you see big, very realistic dolls with long skinny anime proportions, and the people selling them don't seem to know much about them... they're mine. I checked some forums and stuff, and mine are the ONLY ones ever to be boosted out of a car and not be immediately found. Lucky me. Two were together in a black soft carrying case, and four were in a gray vintage suitcase. *1 black crocodile print case, containing 1 Boss brand Polyphonic Octave pedal, 1 Rat brand distortion pedal, 1 red Danelectro mini-amp, 1 crappy microphone, and assorted patch cords. *1 Necchi Royal Series sewing machine in original box. The foot pedal has a little fairy sticker on it. *1 Bosch cordless power drill in its case--missing various drill bits. *Assorted medications in the name of Eran Haas. *1 red duffle bag full of women's clothes--mostly unremarkable, but there's a vintage blue Chinese-brocade overcoat in there that's distinctive. *1 brown duffle bag full of men's clothes. *1 pillowcase full of emergency stuff, including road flares and a jumper battery. *1 JVC car stereo with an Emily Jane White CD inside it. *1 box of Eran's cords and wires for projects. *Various small loose items: a car phone charger, prescription sunglasses, burned CDs, a map of Arizona, our trail mix and cereal bars. *probably some other stuff we haven't figured out yet. Good wishes are much appreciated. If you wanna put a hex the thieves, I fully support that too.

1 comment:

  1. though I am entirely sad, still, about this crappy news--I am glad you have posted the list on your blog. Maybe someone who reads this and is in LA might see some of it. I love you, and hope the rest of your trip out to NOLA is good.

    ReplyDelete