Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Violin Is All Fixed!

My friend Brian kindly pointed out to me that I had forgotten to tell everyone the fate of my violin, which as some of you may know, I dropped and damaged after a gig on September 26th. (I tripped over the patch cord, and the violin fell right on the input jack and punched it through to the inside of the violin--this sort of injury being fairly common, apparently.) I had a party the next night and everyone there was very sympathetic and concerned, so thank you all. I ended up taking my violin to Jordan Electric Violins in Concord, and John Jordan fixed it right up for a very reasonable price. (Check them out at http://www.jordanmusic.com/.) It got a new input jack and a fancy new brass jack plate, which is stronger and looks better (all rad and steampunky) than the original wood plate. So big thanks to John Jordan, everyone who was so supportive, and thanks to Noah for driving me home after the gig when I was all stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment