Friday, October 24, 2008

The Grand Canyon

The Grand Canyon was so amazing, we decided to stay overnight at the campground there and went back in the morning. There's a whole village there to support the tourists, with a permanent staff, a bunch of restaurants, even a school for employees' kids. The little figure in the second photo down is me, and I am standing on a little rock peninsula that sticks out over the drop. You cannot really see my expression, but rest assured that I was a weensy bit nervous. But I did it anyhow! FYI: please never bring toddlers here, most of the rim of the Canyon has no fence at all, and even the existing fences are 3-foot-high, token affairs that seem to say: This is the world's most famous Big Dangerous Hole in the Ground, if you fall off it's your problem.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for the call and card from the canyon! We went to the North Rim just before Ed was two and had to leave after just one night because I was way to freaked out to have my wee one wandering around that big ass hole in the ground.

    Miss you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete