Monday, May 14, 2012

Monster High repaints





These little dollies all started life as off-the-shelf Monster High dolls from Mattel. They're ostensibly for children, but seem to mostly be popular with grown-up Goth chicks such as myself. A "repaint" is any mass-produced doll that has had its factory paint removed and new paint applied. Popular subjects include vinyl baby dolls and Barbies. Monster High dolls are petite (about 11") with big heads and skinny, Tim Burton-y proportions, and their arms and legs are removable. These are four of my repaints; I have a few others in the works. All of them have been rehomed except the little skeleton girl, who is on Ebay right now.
I really like repainting Monster Highs because they're so accessible--they cost $12 to $20, instead of the $100+ for a resin ball jointed doll. And I like their weird little body shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment