Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stormy Day in City Park

Holy moly, it's been a long time since I posted anything. It kind of got away from me... I don't know if anyone's still reading. Whatever, I'm amused.

City Park is pretty amazing. I love the Bywater, where we live, but one thing it doesn't have is decent-sized parks. Marky Park is cool, despite (because of?) the overwhelming urge to call it Marky Mark Park, but it's pretty teeny. City Park is actually bigger than Central Park in NYC, though not all of it is landscaped... we usually go the end where the New Orleans museum and duck ponds are. There's also a kid's playland and a free sculpture garden. These pictures are from a stormy day last month. Click to see 'em bigger!

Spanish Moss, in sepia tone.

The famous Spanish oaks. I've never been able to convey with pictures how big these trees are. The tracks are for the miniature railroad that runs around the park.


Doesn't this look like I took it out in some moody bayou? That's the magic of a cloudy sky, because this tree lives in the City Park duck pond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment