Friday, April 22, 2011

I am prolific today...

Here is another thing I made! Kind of a hoodoo-woman outfit. I love making doll clothes. I used to just make human-sized costumes, but the fabric was so expensive, and my friends would never show up for fittings on time... now I can keep my models in a box! Wait, that sounds wrong.

If anyone is curious, this doll is made by a Japanese company called Obitsu. Obitsu makes a variety of dolls in Japan, including the most popular Barbie analogue. Obitsu dolls are often used as artist's models (like those wooden mannequins) because they're very poseable. I got mine blank, and bought a special option head, which I painted. So she's all customized by me. Her name is Nell (after the heroine of Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age) and I've had her for three years. You can get your very own (they ain't cheap, though) here . (Nell is the 60cm size.)

No comments:

Post a Comment