Sunday, January 30, 2011

And... we're off!

Leaving was totally crazy... but we did manage to say goodbye to Ukiah around 3pm on Friday. We are driving our spiffy new (to us) Honda Accord, which we love, though our funds took quite a hit and I am going to probably do some busking to pad out our food budget. Yesterday (Friday) we drove until about 1am, and finally crashed in a small town called Carpenteria, just south of Santa Barbara. I forgot my camera in the car, but Carpenteria is gorgeous--we had breakfast on a little street that ran right to the ocean, and to the east are beautiful high mountains that almost look like the dry parts of Hawaii. Now we are in Hollywood, staying with friends. They have a lovely cottage and some very cool dogs--I shall post some pictures tomorrow. I haven't been to L.A. since I was 15, and I'm finding it much more pleasant this time around, probably partly because it's January and not July. Edit: I forgot I did take a couple of pictures in Carpenteria--they're just of the Motel 6 and environs, but hey, the light was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment